The General Manager brought in HeartMath for a weekend retreat for his entire management team to address the stress they were causing each other.
Management team discovered that while they enjoyed the awards and praise of their success:
- They were all suffering from success syndrome.
- High expectations to run a flawless show all year.
- No downtime, no slow season.
- A much faster pace and increased pressure.
- All were exhausted and facing burnout with nothing left to give to their families after work.
- Noticeable shift in the relationships in the management team
- The staff were both intrigued and pleased to see the managers were relaxed and enjoying each other.
- The staff welcomed kinder, more tolerant managers, who were communicating better and being more productive.
- This generated a more positive, caring culture for the customers.